Monday, July 2, 2007

Noah's Flood

We certainly got more than our share of rain this past week. It's kind of funny. At VBS we studied about Noah's Ark, and it rained for three days solid. I don't know how Noah stood it for forty days. Especially with all his animals. My five are going crazy the way it is!!! There are two rivers that surround Osawatomie, and they are flooded. We are about a mile from one of them, so the water is getting close. We live up on a hill so it shouldn't reach our house, but we could get "watered in."
I thought I was being a good girl by not telling people how close we were to the flooding and I got a couple of phone calls from certain people who just happened to turn on the Weather Channel and caught the story, or read the Associated Press, and saw the article. I guess the Bible does say something about your sins finding you out. I just never thought it would take me so literally. Little tiny Oswatomie never makes national news, and the time I wanted to keep eveyone from worrying, we go national. So I'm sorry Daddy, Lele, and everyone else who DIDN"T call!!
Also, Mom Avery, I do keep trying to post pictures, but your son's lovely computer keeps kicking me off!!!! I think I should go throw it in the river!!

1 comment:

urhis said...

You KNOW that parents are going to worry one way or the other and I believe what we "imagine" is happening is worse than knowing. LOL By the way, I dreamed last night that Phil said he was going to take your computer in to be fixed......maybe that wasn't a dream... prophecy maybe or alzheimer's LOL