Monday, July 2, 2007

Timmy

I just realized that I haven't written anything about Timmy. He turns five in December, so he won't be able to start kindergarten this year. He's still so bashful, that he definetely needs anothe year before he starts school. We are thinking of putting him in preschool this year, so he can get speech therapy, and to help him with his shyness. He's never been around kids his own age, so he prefers to play by himself, or his brothers most of the time. His "best friend" at church is a little boy named Mark. Mark is three, and is only about half as tall as Timmy. Timmy doesn't like loud noises. One night we were watching a movie and it got a little loud, and even though it was a John Wayne movie (Our family favorite) he leaned over to me and whispered, "Mommy, I don't especially like this movie, because it is especially loud." I wanted to ask him how does a 4 year old know what especially mean. He is so tall for his age I sometimes forget he is only four and not older like the twins. He has grown up so much, but not that much. He also has been acting very clingy and whiney since Aaron's been born, and at times I get so annoyed by it. I keep forgetting that his world has changed dramatically, and I need to spend quality time with him. He gets lost in the shuffle, and I'm to blame on that. Lately I've been having him help me load and unload the dishwasher. He complains about it, but we have some meaningful conversations as we're working. He loves to run the can opener too, so maybe I have a future chef on my hands. As much as he loves sweets, I wouldn't be surprised.

1 comment:

urhis said...

Tommy has that sensitive personality that is so endearing to everybody. He's so sweet I would just love to "eat him up with a spoon." (and at times his parents wish I would LOL) just teasing.

Timmy is so preceptive. Nothing gets by that one! We love him dearly.