Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Luke's Pearls of Wisdom

Like you could tell from my earlier post, I was feeling prettydown this morning. I was sitting here blogging, and Steven poked his head in the door and said, "Mom, aren't you coming to VBS? It's starting!" Brilliant me thought it started at 10:30, but it didn't. It started at 9:30. Some pastor's wife!!! So I hurry up and get the two little guys dressed and we head over to the church. I was supposed to help with the songs, but by the time we made it over there, singing was over. Dee had started the Bible story about Balim and the Talking Donkey, and Luke insists he has to go to the bathroom. He gets back there, and sits down. I want him to hurry, so I can listen to the story. I know. I've never grown up. Luke just sits there and sits there, taking his sweet old time. A two year old is never in a hurry! Finally, I say, "Luke, you have to hurry. Mommy has to go help." He looks up at me with his huge brown eyes, and says so innocently,"Mommy, I can't. It just keeps coming and coming." I had to laugh. God knew I needed that!! We'll see what happens tomorrow. The story is about Jonah, so we'll have a "whale" of a story!! (I can almost hear the groans on that one. I can't help it. When you live with 5 boys, everything is corny.)

2 comments:

urhis said...

How we see pictures of VBS too. Sounds like a lot of fun. Better journal those funny moments to pull out at Luke's wedding. LOL

Brenda Stalker said...

Luke,
You are such a funny little boy. I love laughing with you and playing the Hokey, Pokey. I miss you so much. You are so smart and Grandma loves you so much.
Love Grandma Stalker