Monday, July 2, 2007

Luke's Laughable Moments

I think I should start writing a weekly article about Luke and his antics. Maybe I could get national syndication!!


On Friday as I said before it was pouring down rain. I was exhausted from a week of VBS and Aaron's Dr. visits, so I decided to take the boys to McD's for dinner. I rounded up the older three kids and was trying to get them buckled into the van, as well as put Aaron in, and somehow Luke got away from me. I looked up in time to see a little blond head running toward the church at top speed. Now those of you who have been to our church knows that it has several low areas where water pools, thus making gigantic puddles. That was exactly where Luke was headed. I yelled, "Luke, no!" But it was a little too late. He had already jumped feet first into the puddle. By the time I reached him he was soaked to the knees. I grabbed his hand and said, "Luke, look at you! How did you get so wet?" (I know, obviously dumb question.) He looked up at me with those huge brown eyes, took me by the hand and led me over to the deep end of the puddle, and said, "Here, and here, and here." point out the exact spots he had jumped. I had to laugh. How can you be mad when he had an explanation for my question, and had to show me exactly where it happened?

3 comments:

urhis said...

DUHHHH, Mom! Can't you just see the wheels turning over in his sharp little mind? LOL That was so cute. I imagine he would have showed you HOW he got wet if you gave him a second chance. That's a 2 year old!

Brenda Stalker said...

Luke is a beautiful little boy. He has changed so much. He is growing up. Enjoy him now, they grow up so fast as you well know.
Love Mom

Unknown said...

Memories, memories! I can just picture your little one doing this! This sounds like something Travis would have done! You DO need to write these things down! I thought, "Oh, I'll remember this!" But you don't later on. And kids as they get older will ask you, "Mom, what kind of things did I do when I was younger?" Make a book of their cute little things and have memories with them later. Mine are not that old 9, 11, 14, 15, but they are asking me now for memories! HA! Would sure love to see you all again! Would probably not even recognize your little ones! God Bless You All!